Product Informationexpand all collapse all
Uses of this medical product
Prescription drug from Canada Pharmacy Aldactone (spironolactone) is a potassium-sparing diuretic (water pill) that prevents your body from absorbing too much salt and keeps your potassium levels from getting too low.
Generic Aldactone is used to diagnose or treat a condition in which you have too much aldosterone in your body. Generic Aldosterone is a hormone produced by your adrenal glands to help regulate the salt and water balance in your body.
Generic Aldactone also treats fluid retention (edema) in people with congestive heart failure, cirrhosis of the liver, or a kidney disorder called nephrotic syndrome. This medication is also used to treat or prevent hypokalemia (low potassium levels in the blood).
How to take this drug?
Always follow your doctor's instructions and the directions on your prescription label when taking Generic Aldactone. Tale Generic Aldactone orally with a full cup of water. Take this medicine at the same time each day. Those with a weak stomach may benefit from taking Generic Aldactone with meals. Never alter your dosage in any way without first consulting a trusted healthcare professional.
Side effects of this rx medication
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Aldactone: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using Generic Aldactone and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- numbness or tingly feeling;
- muscle pain or weakness;
- slow, fast, or uneven heart rate;
- feeling drowsy, restless, or light-headed;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- shallow breathing;
- tremors, confusion;
- nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); or
- severe skin reaction -- fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
Less serious Generic Aldactone side effects may include:
- mild nausea or vomiting;
- dizziness, headache;
- gas, stomach pain; or
- skin rash.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of Generic Aldactone. Do not use salt substitutes or low-sodium milk products that contain potassium. These products could cause your potassium levels to get too high while you are taking Generic Aldactone.
Avoid a diet high in salt. Too much salt will cause your body to retain water and can make this medication less effective.
Generic Aldactone may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather. Follow your doctor's instructions about the type and amount of liquids you should drink. In some cases, drinking too much liquid can be as unsafe as not drinking enough.
Before using Generic Aldactone, tell your doctor if you regularly use other medicines that make you sleepy (such as cold or allergy medicine, sedatives, narcotic pain medicine, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, and medicine for seizures, depression, or anxiety). They can add to sleepiness caused by Generic Aldactone.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid);
- digoxin (digitalis, Lanoxin);
- steroids such as prednisone, fluticasone (Advair), mometasone (Asmanex, Nasonex), dexamethasone (Decadron, Hexadrol) and others;
- an ACE inhibitor such as benazepril (Lotensin), captopril (Capoten), fosinopril (Monopril), enalapril (Vasotec), lisinopril (Prinivil, Zestril), moexipril (Univasc), perindopril (Aceon), quinapril (Accupril), ramipril (Altace), or trandolapril (Mavik); or
- an NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn, Naprelan, Treximet), celecoxib (Celebrex), diclofenac (Arthrotec, Cambia, Cataflam, Voltaren, Flector Patch, Pennsaid, Solareze), indomethacin (Indocin), meloxicam (Mobic), and others.
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Aldactone.
What happens if I miss dose the of this medicine?
Do not take more than your recommended dosage of Generic Aldactone. If you forget to take your regularly scheduled dosage, take one as soon as you remember; however if it is nearly time for your next portion, do not double your dosage.
Storage of this prescription medicine
Store at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (between 15 and 30 degrees C) away from moisture and sunlight. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep away from children and pets.
Testimonials of prescription pharmacy online Buy-CanadaPharmacy.com
Jake F., 45, Illinos Standard ED Pack (Generic)
“My ED was giving me nightmares! Yes, I could use Viagra but it was too expensive to buy all the time. That’s why I ordered a generic version at Canadian Pharmacy and could not be happier with the results.”
Janine L., 35, Winnipeg Albuterol
“What I like most about this pharmacy is that they deliver very fast and always package it securely so no one knows what I ordered. It is a big deal for someone who has very nosy neighbours.”
Sandra S., 41, Edinburgh Zyban (Generic)
“It is nice and affordable to buy meds here. I only needed some pills to stop smoking, but I can see they have lots of offers in other categories too. I think I found a perfect pharmacy for my needs.”
Dave M., 28, Oslo Zithromax (Generic)
“I have bought a lot of medications at this pharmacy and I can tell they only sell quality stuff. Trusted and safe generics and the prices are rather low. A perfect price-quality combination!”
Erin F., 61, Sydney Xanax (Generic)
“During my treatment, I was prescribed a lot of costly medications not covered with insurance. Would’ve never been able to afford them if not for this amazing pharmacy.”
Jacob, 35, Ottawa Prozac (Generic)
"I just love how I can order from home and then get my items delivered for free. No lines, no prescriptions, it’s just like Amazon for pills!”